Everyone is welcome at the Christian Science Reading Room @ Pioneer Square where you can browse and purchase Christian Science resources, ask questions, and find a quiet place to read and pray. Let these resources support your understanding of God’s love and the healing it brings.
The Christian Science textbooks
- Our textbooks are available to read in print or online at the Reading Room.
- The weekly Bible Lesson, comprised of selections from these two books, is available for you to read in the study room.
- Opportunities to study the Bible Lesson in a group setting are available, where you can share your inspiration with others.
Prose Works combines 13 of Mary Baker Eddy’s shorter books and sermons into a single publication. It includes essays, poems, articles, and letters as well as news reports, testimonies and an autobiography that provide a historical record. Prose Works continues to offer inspiration and uplift to contemporary readers.
Christian Science magazines
Available in print or online, you’ll find over 100 years of helpful articles and first-hand accounts of prayer-based healings. Individuals tell of overcoming difficulties of all kinds including disease, depression, addiction, accidents, as well as financial, employment and relationship issues. The Christian Science Sentinel, the Journal of Christian Science, and the Christian Science Herald, available in a variety of languages. Learn more.
Biographies and histories
Biographies and documented histories explore the life and times of Eddy, her discovery of Christian Science, the history of the Church of Christ, Scientist, and more. Staff picks:
The Christian Science Monitor
International news with a focus that embraces the human family to lead toward solutions. Award-winning, respectful and respected news since 1908. Learn more.
Our books for children and youth bring the Bible to life with beautiful illustrations and practical language that tell more of the spiritual meaning of Bible stories. Staff pick:
… and much more!
- We also have inspirational music and podcasts, as well as books and materials in languages other than English.
- Our computer provides online access to many of our resources.
- Friendly staff are on hand to assist you.
Photo credit: Dennis Frates